[No translation for /masterTop/popupintrotext, en]

[No translation for /masterTop/popupgotomobile, en]

[No translation for /masterTop/popupcontinuetowww, en]

Warning! In order to use all of the functionalities on our homepage, and not expose your computer to security risks, we recommend that you update your current browser to a newer version. More information

  1. Print
  2. Textsize

Purchase list

(- currencies) Sum: - ---
I buy Rate I pay

Sum: - ---

International driving licenses


Speaking of travelling by car abroad; it’s rather confusing to keep track what applies with an international driving license. You don’t need one for driving in the Nordic region or in the EU, but in Thailand for example you need one or you may be fined. Australia and New Zealand require you to have an English translation of your driving license. The situation is similar in the USA, as the police can’t be expected to know about your foreign driving licence.

An international driving license is recommended or required in order to drive in these or other countries. Motormännens Riksförbund (The National Association for Drivers) has a summary on its website (in Swedish) http://www.motormannen.se/Resan/internationellt-korkort/ . You’ll also find information about what applies for each country.

You’ll also find other useful information about driving abroad. For example women aren’t allowed to drive in Saudi Arabia, some countries’ police or other authority must approve your driving license before you can drive there (often arranged by the car hire company) and that some countries don’t  approve either a Swedish or an international driving license, meaning you’ll have to apply when you arrive.

Service Center 0200 - 22 22 20
Cardcenter 0200 - 26 60 00
Visit us