Dynamic Currency Conversion
Many European countries offer a service called “Dynamic Currency Conversion” which means that you can pay in Swedish crowns at the point of sale. The conversion rate is decided by the retailer’s own bank, who always charges a high currency conversion fee compared to VISAS’s rates. You’ll always get the choice of whether to use this service or not. FOREX Bank recommends that you always pay in the country’s local currency because this service is usually much more expensive and VISA’s rates are more competitive than the rates the retailer’s bank sets.
Always keep an eye on your card
- The most important rule is to never let anyone go off with your card when you pay. Ask to go with them if they need to go to another room.
- When withdrawing cash from an ATM, don’t let anyone see your PIN code. Be vigilant if the ATM looks a bit strange, it may mean that is has been rigged.
- Don’t accept help from anyone if they offer it at an ATM.
- Regularly tally off your card transactions against purchase and withdrawal receipts.
- Always keep an eye on your bag and remember that swindlers are drawn to areas with lots of tourists.
- If you have several cards in your wallet, check regularly to make sure none of them are missing.
- You should immediately cancel your card if you lose it – always carry the card cancellation service telephone number with you.