When paying by card abroad, there are several things to consider:
- The most important rule is to never let anyone go off with your card when you pay. Ask to go with them if they need to go to another room.
- When withdrawing cash from an ATM, don’t let anyone see your PIN code. Be vigilant if the ATM looks a bit strange, it may mean that is has been rigged.
- Regularly tally off your card transactions against purchase and withdrawal receipts.
- Always keep an eye on your bag and remember that swindlers are drawn to areas with lots of tourists.
- You should immediately cancel your card if you lose it.