When making payments with the card abroad, there are a few things to consider:
- A basic rule is to never let someone leave you while in possession of your card. Follow them to another room if necessary.
- When making a withdrawal from an ATM, you must cover your PIN-code. Be aware of ATMs that look suspicious since they can be manipulated.
- Keep track of your transactions on a regular basis. If you notice unauthorized transactions you should contact our Customer Service as soon as possible.
- Make sure that you always keep an eye on your bag, especially when you are in places with a lot of tourists since they attract thieves.
- If you lose your card you must block it as soon as possible.
Dynamic Currency Conversion
In certain card terminals abroad you can be asked if you want to make the payment in swedish kronor. This is called Dynamic Currency Conversion (DCC). If you elect to make the payment in swedish konor a currency conversion takes place with the exchange rate offered by the local bank. In many cases this exchange rate can be less favorable than the one offered by Visa. Our recommendation is that you should always make payments in the country’s own currency since more times than not, you will lose money if you pay in Swedish kronor.