Welcome to our 'Frequently ask questions' section. You are welcome to submit your own questions by using the Contact us form, but please verify that it is not already listed below before submitting.
Why are FOREX Banks exchange rates not the same as those shown on the Text-TV teletext system, for example?
The rates shown on Text-TV, in newspapers, etc. are electronic rates used by companies for payments abroad, eg. The rates used by FOREX Bank are known as cash rates, one buying and one selling rate.
Where are FOREX Banks branches located?
Telephone numbers, addresses and opening hours for all of the branches in the Nordic countries are available under the FOREX Bank locations menu. Where can I check FOREX Banks daily currency rates?
Daily rates for the most common currencies in stock, those that can be delivery within 2 workdays, are listed under Current exchange rates.
Where can I find old exchange rates?
FOREX Customer service can help you with exchange rates from 1992 onwards.
Does FOREX Bank charge a fee for currency transactions?
We charge no fee when you buy foreign currencies (using SEK) from FOREX Bank. When you sell foreign currencies, FOREX Bank charges a 50 SEK fee unless you are able to present a purchase receipt.
Does FOREX bank charge a fee when I sell or buy traveler’s cheques?
We charge 2.95% of the amount when you buy traveler’s cheques from FOREX Bank. When you sell traveler’s cheques, FOREX Bank charges 50 SEK/cheque unless you are able to present a purchase receipt.
Can I pre-order currency so that it is ready for pick up when arrive at a branch?
Currency can be pre-ordered at FOREX Customer service. Please place your order atleast two workdays before pick-up.
Which methods of payment does FOREX Bank accept?
We accept payments by cash, VISA and most other credit cards. You may also pay by bank draft (made out to FOREX Bank and used during banking hours), PlusGiro, or by making a deposit into a FOREX bank account.
Is it possible to transfer money via FOREX Bank?
FOREX Bank is an agent for Western Union, one of the leading money transfer companies in the world. Contact FOREX Customer service for more information.
What rules should I bear in mind when I exchange money at FOREX Bank?
The following rules apply to exchanging currency at FOREX Bank:
1. The sell and buy rates for foreign currency against SEK must be clearly displayed so that potential customers can read the list of rates. The heading above the rates must clearly indicate: ”WE BUY – WE SELL”.
2. Any extra costs, such as commission, that are linked to currency exchanges must be clearly visible to the customer on the exchange rates board or on the cash desk window.
3. Extra costs must be specified in percentage terms (%). E.g. 10 SEK per 1.000 must be written as 1% commission and not 0.01. Any minimum fee charged must be clearly indicated.
4. The customer must always be issued a receipt showing the exact exchange rate, commission, and administration fee whenever currency is exchanged.
5. The customer must immediately check the sum issued by the currency shop at the cash desk, . No complaints can be accepted from a customer who makes a complaint after currency has been exchanged, based on an incorrect amount or some other inaccuracy which lies outside the control of the currency shop.
6. Business hours must be clearly displayed outside the currency shop.
7. These exchange rules must be clearly displayed to customers.
What are the maximum/minimum sums that can be exchanged at any one time?
You may exchange or reserve foreign currency for up to 50.000 SEK. In case of larger amounts, please contact a FOREX Bank branch or call us at 0771-222221.
What is a FOREX Betal- & kreditkort?
The FOREX Betal- & kreditkort is a combined savings, payment, and credit card with a very good interest rate. You can use it wherever VISA is accepted – at more than 18 million sales outlets, both at home and abroad. It also provides favorable exchange rates when buying foreign currency at FOREX Bank as well as various discount offers on items such as car rentals and hotel accommodations. For more information – please contact FOREX Customer service.
How long can I change the EMU countries' old currencies for?
From the 7th of November 2011, we no longer buy old EMU currencies, please consult the individual countries’ central banks for information as to whether you can still exchange old notes and coins.